I haven’t seen Iron Man yet but it is on my list of movies I want to see. Looks like there are lots of gadgets in the film, including this Iron Man Repulsor Light made by Carlitos’ Contraptions.
To build a very powerful LED flashlight mounted on my hand palm that would turn on and produce brighter light as I move my hand back (and the angle between my hand and my arm decreases and gets roughly to 90°). Also, the flashlight should be comfortable, allow my hand to move freely, be very sturdy.
- An old (aluminum) heat sink (from a broken computer monitor I believe)
- A long and thin aluminum piece from a copy machine
- A street cleaner brush bristle (like the one used to build a Bogota Rake)
- An aluminum disk and a thick aluminum ring (they were the holder and separator for the plates on a very old hard drive)
- 6 5 mm and one 10 mm ultra bright LEDs
- A linear potentiometer (from an old sound system equalizer)
- A switch
- An old laptop battery
- Some cable, some female and male headers, heat shrink tubbing, a paperclip, a plastic cable tie, and lots of love."