Similar to the cool new Ambilight technology by Philips. The MoMoLight which stands for Movie Mood Light displays colors on the wall behind the screen in relation to what is being displayed on the screen.
“MoMoLight stands for Movie Mood Light.
It”s my PC version of the Philips Ambilight system.
Three sets of lights are placed behind a computer screen ( left, top and right) and display the average colour of their corresponding part of the screen. This makes the screen look bigger and spices up the movie experience. (check out the Philips website for more info on Ambilight).
How does it work ?
MoMoLight consists of 5 parts:
– a directshow filter which calculates the average values and sends them to the hardware
via the serial port.
– The “Brain” a piece of hardware containing a microcontroller to take care of the PWM
(Pulse Width Modulation)
– The “Power” a piece of hardware that drives the lights, that usually require more power
than a usb port can handle
– the actual lights : these can be leds, CCFLs, ledstrips, …
– a power supply capable of powering everything”